By the end of this two-hour lesson with our qualified instructors, you’ll be comfortable with all aspects of belaying, harnessing, knots, beginner climbing techniques, and spotting, so that you can feel assured in your ability to climb safely and independently at the Junction. Taking the belay lesson is also a great way for parents to enjoy climbing with their kids while keeping their own feet firmly on the ground. Equipment is provided for the lesson and each participant is provided with a two-week membership to come back and practice their skills.
Lessons must be booked 72 hours in advance
Participants must be 13 years of age or older
Belay certification test required at next visit to ensure knowledge retention.
Gain confidence and strength in a safe and supportive community under the guidance of our friendly and encouraging instructors. We will look at your climbing technique, suggest areas to work on not only physically but mentally.
• Assess your current climbing skills
• Review your understanding of climbing methods, language and styles in relation to bouldering
• Suggest areas of improvement
• Practice basic bouldering techniques such as heel hooking and steep climbing methodology
• Climbing shoes for your lesson
Booked as a one-on-one lesson, you will spend one hour climbing with one of our experienced instructors as they assess what you need most to improve your climbing!
Goals for the Class:
• Assess your current climbing ability
• Review your understanding of climbing methods, language and styles in relation to route climbing
• Suggest areas for improvement
• Practice techniques that will improve your climbing such as body placement, weight transfer, edging and flagging
• Climbing shoes and harness for your lesson.
A lead climbing course for experienced climbers. Learn the full freedom of climbing that lead climbing offers on Junctions massive lead terrain! In two three-hour sessions, plus a follow up assessment, you will learn the skills needed for sport lead climbing, the most advanced indoor climbing skill.
Participants 17 or younger must have parental approval
September Dates coming soon!